Wednesday, July 11, 2007

And Then There were None - Agatha Christie

The Good:

This story revolves around a place called Indian Island where 10 guests are invited to vacation on this "resort" just off the coast of Devon. Little do the guests know that a nursery rhyme found throughout the house will spell out who will be the first, to die! Mwa ha ha!

I thought this was a great read and Agatha Christie is always a safe bet for a mystery. I devoured this book, trying to figure out who the next victim would be and who was the murderer. Trust me, you'll have to read to the end to find out.

The Bad: As with most Christie books, there were a lot of characters. I think in a book, it's good to keep things simple. Too many characters end up confusing people and that's what I found happening. Fortunately there was a list of names and description of characters at the front of the book.

The Ugly: First off the title used to be "Ten Little Indians". As well, there are two references to the "n" word that I thought were completely unnecessary. Come on Agatha, you know better than that.

Rating: 4/5

No comments: