Monday, July 16, 2007

Happy 100 Birthday Barbara!

100 Years ago this day Ruby Catherine Stevens was born. Ruby changed her name to Barbara Stanwyck, the name people know her by today.

While I've only seen three of her movies, I would say that her personal character comes from being born in Brooklyn and growing up in various foster homes.

If you're interested in learning more about the lady herself, click the title link. This is the same woman who in "Ball of Fire"s said "I love him because he's the kind of guy who gets drunk on a glass of buttermilk, and I love the way he blushes right up over his ears. I love him because he doesn't know how to kiss, the jerk!"

Incidentally I recommend seeing "Ball of Fire". Barbara stars opposite a bumbling and very cute Gary Cooper, playing Bertram Potts, a grammarian who doesn't get out enough.

No comments: