Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Sunday Rundown

Currently Reading: I'm in the midst of re-reading "A Game of Thrones" for GoodReads. I'm a little apprehensive though, as the discussion leader has already posted her review, letting us all know she didn't like the book. To give you an idea of how much I love Martin's "Game of Thrones", I've already written the review and I'm not even on p300 yet. I suppose it also helps that I already know what's going to happen.




Watching: I will be seeing "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" sometime next week. Now I know it hasn't gotten very good reviews but dammit I want to see an Indy film on the big screen. I've missed out on so many classic movies on the big screen I don't want to miss this one, no matter what. I want to get that same shiver going down my back when I heard the Superman theme in theatres in "Superman Returns".




Listening To: This week's pick is "You and Me" by The Moody Blues. I heard this on a friend's cd player one day and fell in love with the group. Fortunately my parents held onto all of their vinyl and I found their Seventh Sojourn album in the mix. I don't care much for the video but the song is awesome with amazing lyrics and I love that beginning guitar riff.






Thinking: The world is a beautiful place. Don't you think it's worth saving? I walk through a meadow on my way to work and it's filled with wildflowers, birds, a black cat that won't let me get near her and an industrious ant hill that I keep my eye on. Wild grains and green grasses grow up on either side of the path and Garry Oak trees dip their branches, heavy with leaves, towards me. Rocks covered with lichen dot the area and a nearby blackberry bush's got my name on it.

1 comment:

darkorpheus said...

I get you on that little shivers on the Superman theme song. I get thes shivers too when the Imperial March is being played on Star Wars Episode III - in spite of all it's lameness.

Indy IV is not the best of the lot of course, and Cate Blanchett is wasted as a cartoon Russian - but I was still pretty excited when the Indy theme song came on. It's Indiana Jones afterall. Just have fun with it. :)

I should go back and re-read A Games of Thrones. At least to refresh my memory. I love the series.