Sunday, July 06, 2008

The Sunday Rundown

Reading: So I have fifty pages left of "Nana" and I can't wait to move on. It started off as a promising read but has floundered somewhat.









Watching: I just watched "Meet Me In St. Louis", a Judy Garland vehicle that follows one upper middle class family through an entire year in St. Louis, 1903. I still don't understand the Halloween scene entirely but Margaret O'Brien is a deliciously morbid little child.

The family dynamic is hilarious and I loved all of the little touches. The grandfather with the fez, the banter between the father and the maid and the interactions between the various siblings.

Listening: I love how I keep discovering all of these great bands and when I mention them to my parents they give me this look. They then proceed to tell me "I know. I was there."

I love Sergio Leone, his Spaghetti Westerns and Ennio Morricone. So imagine my joy when I discovered this gem. If you have never appreciated ukuleles before this moment you will after listening to this amazing adaptation of "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly".



Thinking: I'm so happy to be finished moving. Hopefully tomorrow at the clinic they'll be able to tell me what's wrong with me. It could be asthma or a respiratory infection but in any case I'm moving on to another job, one that doesn't involve bleach thankfully.

No comments: