Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Sunday Rundown

Reading:

Still working on Kublai Khan. Did you know he was Emperor of China? I had no idea how important he was. Even Marco Polo spoke well of him and you know if Polo gives you the thumbs up that you're okay in everyone's books.





Watching:

I've just discovered that YouTube has episodes of "Bonanza". My mom always wanted to watch this show when she was little but it was on too late. While I find the show to be racist and sexist in the worst ways, it's interesting to watch. It was popular enough to have a run of 14 years with various storylines, some of which are ridiculous by the way. I'll never get over how the Cartwright boys manage to avoid getting shot in the face when guns are fired point blank range in their direction.

I'm also a little disheartened by the fact that any woman who decides to remain within the vicinity of Ponderosa or heaven forbid strike up a relationship with one of the boys, will inevitably end up dying or being killed. You have no idea how many stray arrows/pitchforks/sharp pointy sticks there are lying around near Virginia City.

Here's the intro and theme. Enjoy.



Thinking:

I'm so happy for the Mens Rowing Eight! It's considered 'the' rowing event at the Olympics or so I've been told. We won gold and I couldn't be prouder. It's well deserved after what happened four years ago in Athens.

I was also able to see Carol Huyhn's final against Japan and she was amazing!

Listening:

I guess it's a bit of a Bonanza theme this week because after I found out Johnny Cash had a song called "Bonanza" I just had to listen to it.

No comments: