Sunday, October 05, 2008

The Sunday Rundown

Reading:

Sorry this is up so late guys. I'm almost finished "The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher". It's interesting to see how paranoia and mob mentality can create vicious rumours. People who only read or heard about the murder of Francis Saville Kent wrote to Great Scotland Yard about their own suspicions about who the murderer might be. Many of the suggestions are wild, ridiculous and plain creepy for the fact that perfect strangers want to include their own opinion in the investigation.

It's also interesting to see how the idea of detectives and their methods developed over time and how much real detectives inadvertently contributed to well known books like "The Woman in White" by Wilkie Collins.

Thinking:

Do people yawn in their sleep? Also, did I make you yawn after you read this? Heh.

Watching:

This is a bit rough, a bit long but I think the editing is absolutely amazing. This piece demonstrates why I love movies and I think cjandersen understands perfectly.



Listening To:

I'd never really been a fan of U2 until I heard this song. It combines my love of Batman with great music. Please enjoy "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me".

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my book blog the other day! Always great to hear from fellow readers. Great blog and I love your selection of books. I'll definately be coming back!