Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Sunday Rundown

Reading:

It is so good to be back blogging! I'm currently working on "Les Miserables" for my book club and I was really excited to read it until I got to the library. When I saw it on the shelf I frowned, sighed heavily and hung my head. The book could function as a doorstop or failing that, a nice paperweight it's so thick! Now, it's not the length that worries me. I've read long books before but this is a long classic and I'm wondering whether or not I'll be able to get through it. Any encouragement would be appreciated.

Watching:

If you're never heard of "Kids in the Hall" then you're missing out. They were a Canadian comedy group that had a TV show for too short a time in the early nineties. Their comedy is refreshing and oh so funny.



Listening:

Sam Roberts is one of Canada's great musical talents. Here he's singing "Detroit '67". He even uses the word "abbatoir"!

No comments: