Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Rundown

Reading:

I finished "The Catcher in the Rye" and was a bit ambiguous about it at first before John Green and his vlogs about the book set me straight. While I feel for Holden Caufield I don't think I'd want him as a friend.

I've now moved on to "a mercy" by Toni Morrison. I've never read any of her work before and I find her writing dreamlike and ethereal. My goal of a book a week is still within sight though I'm three weeks behind already. Wish me luck.








Watching:

This is from College Humor and I loved it, being a bit of a bibliophile. My favourite part was WingDings. He cracks me up. MAILBOX! MAILBOX! MAILBOX!



Listening:

I saw "Slumdog Millionaire" this afternoon and apart from being a very enjoyable and different movie, I was surprised at how much I liked the soundtrack. I find that few of the well known composers who write for movies are writing original material nowadays. They seem to just recycle their old work and it just distracts you from the movie because you're trying to figure out where you've heard that music before.

The majority of the soundtrack was written by A R Rehman and this song is "O Saya"

No comments: