Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Sunday Rundown

Happy Ides of March, by the way!

Reading

I purchased this book a few months ago and am loving it! It's all about how the studios managed and maintained their stars during the Golden Age. I almost can't bear to read it as it means I'm that much closer to finishing the book.

Watching

The quality is poor but I've been on an Eleanor Powell binge as of late. She's amazing and in this clip and while she doesn't have the elegance of Ginger, in the ways of tap, she's a better partner for Fred. Strong ankles and all that.



Listening to:

Maybe I'm also on a bit of a Fred binge. I like Andy Williams voice for this song but he sings it too slowly. Besides, I think it means more with Fred singing it to Ginger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm fascinated with yours. Your layout is fantastic. Your profile photo is totally adorable, too. :)

I'm so glad you wrote about The Star Machine. I heard about it when it was first published and have wondered whether is was a good read. I'll have to check it out.

I'm sorry to read about your recent tragic loss. I wish you a pleasant and restful weekend,

Casey