Sunday, October 11, 2009

Turkey Day Rundown

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canadaland! I just got back from a scrumptious meal of turkey.

Reading:

I'm currently working on "The Scarlet Pimpernel" and it's so good! Being a classic I would have expected this book to be slow-paced and frankly, somewhat boring. Surprisingly this book feels more like 20th century lit than 19th. Anyone who loves a good French Revolution Spy novel, read this.


Watching:

Now I haven't watched CSI since the Golden Age. You know, when it was still good and had all the original cast members. This intro to Season 10 though, made me sit up and take notice. It cost a disgusting $400 000 to make though so don't expect to see anything like this for the rest of the season.


via videosift.com

Listening To:

Why is it everything sounded so much cooler before I was born? This show was apparently a precursor to "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.". Man Robert Vaughan and David McCallum must have had it good. At least until that incident on the set of "The Great Escape".

2 comments:

mister anchovy said...

happy Thanksgiving

Brenton said...

I read Moby Dick this summer, and there are sentences, whole passages even, that could have been written yesterday. Aware, playful, modern and brilliant. If you haven't had the pleasure, I highly recommend it. It reads faster than its 600 pages suggests.