Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Sunday Rundown

Reading: Hi guys. I just met with my bookclub for the first time and we discussed "A Study in Scarlet" and then went to go and see the Sherlock Holmes movie. I was pleasantly entertained, despite the inaccurate characterization of Holmes and Watson. Our book for next month is "Fugitive Pieces" by Canadian author, Anne Michaels.

I picked up a copy at the library as well as a copy of "A Dreadful Man", a book about actor George Sanders by his good friend, Brian Aherne.








Watching:

I've always had a special place in my heart for Buster Keaton. Out of all the old silent comedians he's my favourite, probably because he makes me laugh the hardest. For those of you who don't know him, Jackie Chan is the Buster Keaton of today, prop god and master of using the environment around him to get a laugh.



Listening To:

This is Japan by Coldplay set to old movie clips. It's a catchy little tune. Can you name the movies included?

No comments: