Sunday, February 28, 2010

GOLD!!!!!

I was nervous and excited.

I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

I yelled at the players through the tv.

The 2nd American goal was heartbreaking.

I was hungry for that medal.

So was Canada.

I told myself no one wins our game on our turf but us.

In the end it was a fairytale.

It didn't seem real. It still doesn't.

Crosby, scoreless in three games, comes back with the winner in Overtime.

The country went mad.

I yelled myself hoarse.

The stadium was a blur of red and white, louder than a cannon broadside.

The crowds blocked off Yonge Street in Toronto.

They shut down transit in downtown Vancouver, 150,000 strong.

I cried when they played the national anthem.

I haven't been able to stop crying.

A historic day, a historic games, our games.

I've never honked my car horn more in my life.

I can't stop smiling.

It was only hours ago but it feels like it's been years.

Complete strangers stood on street corners and cheered each other on afterwards.

People drove around in their cars just to celebrate, flags hanging out the window.

A win at home is sweeter than the Salt Lake win.

Today was the best day because we played our game and because we won in our own backyard.

It was the most exciting game I've ever seen in my whole life and I have never been so proud to be Canadian.

Also, this vid pretty much sums everything up.

No comments: