Sunday, April 04, 2010

The Sunday Rundown

Happy Easter!

Here are some easter chicks from England and no this hasn't been Photoshopped. The chicks are actually that colour. Apparently the farmers injected non-toxic dye into the eggs before they hatched. The article was quick to stress that the dye doesn't hur the chicks and that when they grow their adult feathers, they'll come in as the normal yellow everyone's used to. Aren't they adorably colourful?















I found the most amazing book yesterday. It's called "the death of picassco" by Guy Davenport and it was a steal at $4.

I'm struggling with the last 100 pages of "Little Women" but I'm so close that I'm not going to give up. I'm frustrated by the sexism inherent in the book and it's tough to remember that at the time it was written it fit perfectly into society's views on women.

But I need to finish it because the heavy lit that is "Anna Karenina" starts tomorrow.






This is amazing. I found a mashup of Michael Jackson's "Bad" with the Ghostbusters theme. Surprisingly they fit well together. The only explanation I can find is that they were both made in the 80s, which had a certain sound to it.

No comments: