Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

While this year has been crazy with its ups and downs, both in my life and in the world I am looking forward to 2012. It's full of possibilities waiting to happen and one thing I am very much looking forward to is "The Hobbit". So I thought I'd end this year with a trailer I was very happy to see a few weeks ago. I read the book many years ago.

I was so excited when I first saw the casting because I am becoming more and more of a UK tv junkie. They have really amazing programming and I nearly died when I saw they had cast Martin Freeman as the lead. I love him! Now, this is only a recent infatuation and it's through a rather roundabout way. A Sherlock Holmes anthology Christmas present leads to the Guy Ritchie film, leads to "Sherlock" on BBC which has Martin Freeman as Dr. Watson. He is a perfect foil for Benedict Cumberbatch and brings well-needed balance to Holmes' life. He even tries to get the man to be reasonable once in a while. He seems like a perfectly wonderful chap; watched him win a BAFTA where he was quite chuffed (gotta love the Brits and their slang!) he seems bloody perfect for the role and some of the old gang is back. But, I guess since this took place before LOTR they're really not even the new gang. And I was so relieved that Howard Shore (one of ours!) was once again scoring the movie.

In any case, I can't wait, I wish you a Happy New Year and all the best in the year to come!

No comments: