Monday, April 28, 2008

The Belated Sunday Rundown

So this was meant to be posted on Sunday but I've been ill. First it started with a sore throat thanks laughing too hard at coffee time with friends. Then it migrated to a mild headache accompanied by stuffiness. Thankfully the sore throat dissipated only to be replaced by a runny nose that just won't quit. I sniffled all through a family dinner and had to excuse myself several times to flush out my nostrils. Ew.

Reading: I have finished Cloud Atlas, an amazing read and have moved onto Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" for an online book club. Five chapters by Thursday and I'm only on page nine. I don't know much about turn of the century working class Chicago so this should be somewhat of an educational experience for me.

Watching:After completing an exhaustive run through my Gilmore Girls Season One dvd set I've been steering clear of the tv. IF you don't know the show then I highly recommend you check it out. They talk as fast as Rosalind Russell and Cary Grant in "His Girl Friday", make references to current pop culture and also slip in the occasional obscure trivia. The characters are real with quirky townspeople, coffee, coffee, coffee, literature, movies, food and some of the best dialogue I've ever heard on tv.

Currently Listening To: I heard this song a few weeks ago and liked the melody. I had no idea it was a hit and that Debbie Reynolds was known for singing it. The song is "Tammy" and was a big hit back in the 50s.

Thinking: I really want to try some of that popcorn flavouring they sell in grocery stores. I mean, you could have a different flavour for every bowl and who doesn't like options? And I don't mean gourmet flavours; they're gross. Ever tried Cinnamon flavoured popcorn? That stuff is gag-worthy. I mean different cheese flavours, or spicy italian. Although, I do have a special place in my heart for caramel corn.

No comments: