Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Sunday Rundown

Reading:

This book is getting surprisingly good. The beginning was frustrating because of the numerous characters introduced within the first few pages but now I've settled into its rhythm. There's some great comedy although some of the diction is tedious but I have to remember this is taking place Pre-Hemingway.









Watching:


I just finished watching "Captains Courageous" with Spencer Tracey, Freddie Bartholomew and Lionel Barrymore. I highly recommend it and if you don't believe me, believe Spencer. He won an Academy Award for his role in this film, though I think he does a horrendous Portuguese accent. Also, Lionel plays a character called 'Captain Disko'. If that isn't awesome enough for you I don't know what is.


















Thinking:

Chilled chocolate chip pancakes make an amazing breakfast. Then again, so do crepes with strawberry sauce; homemade scones with real butter; leftover pizza; any breakfast in bed; your favourite guilty sugar cereal with homegrown fruit; bacon, bacon, bacon! Okay I'll stop now and wipe up the drool from my keyboard.


Listening:

This is "Being Here" by The Stills. I just discovered them last week and love this song. Also, big bonus, they're Canadian! I can't say I understand the music video though so if you have an insights I'd love to hear them.

No comments: