Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Penguin Post

Recently the campus bookstore had a "Hurt Penguin" sale. I tried to avoid it but ended up making plans to meet a friend for coffee at the shop next to the bookstore. When they left for class I just couldn't resist. The pickings were slimmer than I'm used to but I did come out with what I consider to be a good haul. I love the colours on these covers. They're going to have to go to the bottom of the TBR pile though. Between my book club, my library books and the Chunkster Challenge, I don't have a lot of time for my own reading these days.







I also visited Bolen Books a few weeks ago and found some amazing covers. Penguin has reissued some Classics with beautiful retro covers. The Animal Farm cover is designed by Shepard Fairey. I sent them an email telling them how gorgeous they were and how when I planned to expand my classics collection I would be buying their copies. I also wanted to know if they had any more plans for retro covers but they've sadly neglected my email. It's been two weeks since I sent the email and all I have to say for Penguin is that their online Customer Service is severely lacking.



More exciting news is that Penguin UK has released some Sherlock Holmes reissues and the covers are beautiful. They also happen to be available in Canada and this is one of the covers I saw in Bolen's! It's much more exciting than Penguin's older stuffy-looking covers.













I'm currently working on movie post for tomorrow. Here are some quotes. See if you can guess which movie they're from.

"I'm watching him. I'm a lifeguard."

"I could tell you stories about my teeth that would make your hair stand on end."

"In the 3 years 7 months and approximately 2 weeks that I've been in the bag that's the most extraordinary stuff I've ever tasted. It's shattering"
"I think it's rather good. Well, with your permission sir I'll all on Kives. Uh, call on Aives."

No comments: